THESE FEET WERE MADE FOR WALKING
Did you know? That an average human being loses almost a cup of liquid a day through their feet? Or that a baby’s foot is made up almost entirely of cartilage? They will harden as the feet grow.
1. Keep a pumice stone handy so you can put it to work on those heels as you step out of the shower.
2. Use a few drops of essential oil in your next footbath!
3. Pamper your feet. Treat yourself to a pedicure!
4. Try a foot massage. It’s relaxing and rejuvenating. Try it on yourself or ask your partner and trade-off. Everyone wins!
5. If your ankles and feet are swelling, it’s a sure sign you are holding fluids. Try to avoid sitting for long periods at a time and cut down on your salt intake.
6. Stilettos are beautiful and yes, they do make you look sexy, HOWEVER, you should avoid long walks while wearing them.
7. In fact, you should always wear sensible shoes. Ha! Fat chance, right? Seriously, what about a compromise? Wear sensible shoes when you are coming and/or going from work and keep the heels in a tote bag.
8. For extremely dry feet, lather on a layer of cocoa butter to each foot, slip your feet into plastic bags and pull on a pair of oversized socks. Leave on overnight while sleeping and when you awaken the next morning your feet will feel smooth, silky and soft.
9. Add milk to a footbath for softening the feet.
HOW IS YOUR SMILE?
Did you know. braces .that a knocked out tooth may be replanted if you act quickly? Don’t clean the tooth, just wrap it in a damp cloth and hustle off to the dentist. If you can get there within 30 minutes you’ve got a 90% chance of saving it.
1. If you wear braces, get extra calcium. Adjusting the position of teeth can leave small gaps in the jawbone. These need to be replaced with new bone. Take it as a supplement or eat plenty of green leafy vegetables.
2. Your smile is one of your best assets. Don’t ruin it with bad breath. Mouthwash does not kill the bacteria that creates bad breath. Brushing your tongue and gums and use floss often. If it still persists,consult your physician.
3. Do you wear full or partial dentures? First, ask your doctor if your denture contains any metal. If not, place your denture in a safe container, cover with water and microwave for about two minutes. This kills more bacteria than soaking in denture cleaner.
4. Are your teeth discolored? This condition will really detract from your overall appearance. Visit your dentist for a cleaning and ask for the whitening procedure. Or, try some of the new teeth whitening products you can use at home.