Green Goddess Breakfast Smoothie
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: none
1 cup unsweetened hemp milk
1 cup spinach
½ cup blueberries
½ cup raspberries
2 tablespoons raw almond butter (organic if possible)
1 tablespoon flax seeds
1 tablespoon unrefined coconut butter (or oil)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
4 ice cubes
In a blender, blend all ingredients together until a smooth consistency is reached.
Nutritional analysis per serving (about 1 cup): calories 336, fat 27 g, saturated fat 7 g, cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 10 g, protein 8 g, carbohydrate 20 g, sodium 84 mg
Chopped greek salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 4-6 minutes
Dressing 2 cloves garlic, finely minced 1 teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar ½ teaspoon sea salt ½ cup extra virgin olive oil Black pepper, to taste
Salad 1 large cucumber, sliced lengthwise on the diagonal, seeds removed ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved ½ cup small red onion, finely diced 1 small red bell pepper, diced ½ cup kalamata olives 1 avocado, diced 1 tablespoon olive oil 16 ounces shrimp, de-veined Sea salt and pepper, to taste 6 ounces spinach or watercress 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1. Prepare dressing: mix all dressing ingredients except for oil in a small bowl. Stream in oil and whisk until combined. Season with black pepper to taste.
2. Prepare salad: toss all vegetables, olives and avocado in a medium size salad bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat a grill pan or a medium-size skillet with the olive oil over medium-high heat.
4. Season shrimp with sea salt and pepper. Add shrimp to pan and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn opaque and pink.
5. Meanwhile, add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat.
6. If using greens, divide into 4 bowls. Place about 1 cup of chopped, dressed salad in each bowl. Top with grilled shrimp and garnish with parsley.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 cup salad with 2 tablespoons dressing, 4 ounces shrimp): calories 250, fat 14 g, saturated fat 2 g, cholesterol 74 mg, fiber 1 g, protein 30 g, carbohydrate 4 g, sodium 597 mg
Caesar salad with grilled chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: none
2 cloves garlic
1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons tahini
Juice of half a lemon
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
24 romaine lettuce leaves
16 ounces grilled chicken, cubed
1. Prepare dressing: Add all dressing ingredients to a blender and blend together until a smooth consistency is reached.
2. Prepare Salad: Wash lettuce, dry and shred into bite-size pieces with your hand. Place in a large salad bowl.
3. Add grilled chicken to the salad. Add dressing and toss to coat. Season with extra black pepper for a deeper Caesar flavor.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 cups salad with 2 tablespoons dressing, 4 ounces grilled chicken): calories 250, fat 14 g, saturated fat 2 g, cholesterol 74 mg, fiber 1 g, protein 30 g, carbohydrate 4 g, sodium 597 mg.