Did you know. . .that even in the enlightened period of time we live in, most women do not conduct regular breast exams on themselves? So what is segment on breast exam doing in a beauty book? Well, in order to use the tips in this guide, you have to be around to do it!
1. Make a self-exam of your breasts part of your daily beauty routine. It doesn’t take long and you can do it in the shower or in the bath. Just do it. More than 90 percent of all breast lumps are discovered by women themselves. The majority of all breast lumps are benign. One in ten women will develop breast cancer at some time in her life. Thus far, breast cancer cannot be prevented. But, with regular breast self-examination(BSE) and periodic screening, breast cancer can be detected early and treated properly! If you don’t know how to conduct the exam, ask your doctor for a chart that will teach you how. Then just do it!
2. Stop stressing! Easier said than done? All that stress that you keep bottled up inside creates those worry lines and wrinkles.
3. Have a sea salt massage to rid your body of toxins.
4. Take a walk on the beach, in a forest or around the block.
5. Eat cheese to block bacterial growth in your mouth and to prevent cavities.
6. Join a fitness group.
7. Be kind to yourself. Instead of telling yourself you “can’t”do something, remind yourself that you CAN!
8. Get a collagen boost. Eat more fruit!
9. Help others. Outer beauty will only appear when you've practiced beauty within.
10. Don’t be afraid to say no. A polite, but firm, refusal allows you to stay in control of your own life.
11. Talk about your concerns with a friend, relative or counselor. It’s the best way to release them.
12. They don’t call them love apples for nothing. Eat more tomatoes for potassium, and vitamins A and C.
13. Learn to pace your activities and stop before you get worn out or tired.
14. Get enough exercise.
15. Take time for hobbies or other activities. All work and no play will make Jane a dull girl or John very boring!
16. Do one thing at a time. If you feel overwhelmed, break up your list of tasks into bite-size pieces.
17. Limit your red meat intake and eat more fish and fowl.
18. Set priorities, not everyone can be Superman orSuperwoman.
19. Learn how to solve problems easily. Begin with identifying the problem and write it down so you are clear in your mind about the scope of the problem. Then list your options showing the pluses and minuses of each. Next, choose a plan. Now list the actions you need to carry out the plan. And last, give yourself a deadline for completion. Often, just having a plan will cut the stress related to the problem.
20. Focus on the positive and if you falter think about all the good things you’ve done.
21. Avoid standing for long periods of time to avoid varicose veins in your legs.
22. Eat properly.
23. Get enough sleep. When is enough really enough? When you no longer feel tired. Not everyone requires the same amount of sleep.
24. Laugh a lot. Remember what they say. . .it takes more muscles to frown than to laugh.
25. Take a bubble bath. If you have to lock the bathroom door and play a radio loudly to block out the kids, go for it!
26. Go shopping! Treat yourself to a special shopping day,better yet, do it with a pal.
27. Buy clothes that fit! If you have no fashion sense, make doubly sure you shop with a friend who will be honest with their opinion. There’s nothing worse than to be caught wearing a wrap around stripe when the derriere should not be the focal point!
28. Are you buying unscented cosmetics and still experiencing bad reaction? Read the labels and buy “fragrance-free” instead.
29. Wear red lipstick for a change.
30. Listen to music! It soothes the savage beast!
31. Have a full body wrap. Try it, you might just like it!
33. Use a few drops of your favorite essential oil in your next bath.
34. Is a tattoo right for you? Your choice, but discreetly placed it might be alluring.
35. Massage vitamin E oil on stretch marks to help fade them away.
35. Eat for beauty! Carrots will give you the same compounds Retin A as well as reducing fine lines around the eyes.
36. Use baby oil for removing makeup.
37. Next time you are at the beach, give yourself a body rub with sand. It will help exfoliate dead skin cells. Be sure to reapply your sunscreen afterward!
38. Have someone give you a scalp massage. A great rejuvenator.
39. Be daring, get a bikini wax!
40. Use Shea Butter for the ultimate softening of the skin.
41. Stop smoking. Do we need to say more?