Stretch marks during pregnancy
- Stretch marks usually occur during pregnancy.The main reason for causing stretch marks is by over weight gain during pregnancy and due to the growing baby, over the weight of the baby, if the baby is too big.
- Stretch marks look like small streaks in the skin that appear mostly on the abdomen during the last stages of pregnancy. Stretch marks not only appear on stomach and abdomen, they also appear on thighs, hips, breasts, buttocks etc.
- Stretch marks are caused by changes in the body weight and elasticity of the body. They are in different colors. Depending on the skin color of the body, they appear in pink, dark brown color. Stretch marks do not fade completely, nor they totally disappear, but they later fade, although they never totally disappear.
There are some remedies that can help you to prevent stretch marks and help it to look less visible than it usually looks:
- Gelatin helps to prevent stretch marks. Gelatin helps in improving skins elasticity. It not only helps in improving elasticity but also helps in improving other pregnancy problems like improper sleep, insulin sensitivity etc. It has properties of improving skins texture and reduces and prevents stretch marks.
- Try to include gelatin in your diet.
- Drink plain gelatin every morning
- Use gelatin in your food substances.
- Try to include gelatin in soups, sauces etc, so that it’s easy to consume gelatin raw than added with another substance
- There is the availability of gelatin powder in the market, better than the jelly gelatin. Add gelatin powder to your drinks, add in making jelly. Thus consume gelatin in any way as you feel comfortable to consume.
- Everyone must try to keep their body well hydrated. During pregnancy blood volume increases and there is need of storing a huge water sack for your baby to stay in. because of the baby, the body demands a increased hydration.
- Hydration is required to gain optimal skin elasticity.
- In order to keep yourself hydrated drink 8-12 glasses of water each day drink juices, and other substances which provide sufficient hydration to your body.
3. Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil helps to keep skin moist. Therefore moisturization is required to prevent stretch mark
- Coconut oil nourishes the skin and helps to prevent it from damage
- Coconut oil consists of fatty acids, these acids do not get oxidized and thus this helps in not causing any damage to your skin.
Various essential oils are used to prevent your skin from damage:
- It is best advised to apply coconut oil after shower so that the skin is prevented from damage throughout the day
- Mix a honeybee wax and coconut oil, apply the mixture on the stretch marks, it will help to reduce the stretch marks
- Eat healthily and maintain a balanced diet, this will help you not to gain more weight which leads to developing stretch marks
- Shea butter and cocoa butter also helps in keeping skin moist and thus helps in preventing stretch marks use stretch mark cream, oil etc,
- Thus stretch marks can only be prevented through various remedies and self-care but not cured.