White spots or vitiligo
- White spots are been very common skin disease nowadays. From kids, teenagers to older people, all are suffering from this disease. It is not right to say that is a disease, but yes the skin in this skin problem goes completely white. White spots on the skin often occur when skin proteins or dead cells become trapped under the skin's surface. They may also occur as the result of depigmentation or color loss.
- It is important, however, to have white spots checked by a dermatologist, to understand their cause and the best way to treat them.
Treatment options include:
- Wearing sunscreen every day, covering all areas of skin exposed to the sun
- Avoiding spending too long in the sun
- Avoiding artificial tanning bed.
When to consider or consult a doctor for vitiligo treatment:
- Remain after a few weeks of basic treatment
- Continuously reappear
- Spread to other parts of the body.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of White Spots On Skin (Vitiligo)
Coconut Oil Massage for Vitiligo
- Coconut oil is often used in vitiligo treatment lotions and creams. It moisturizes the skin and improves blood circulation. It is also antibacterial and antifungal in nature.
- Massage the coconut oil on the affected areas during the day and night as well.
- Leave the oil on overnight. Repeat this on a regular basis.
Aloe Vera for White Spots On Skin
- Aloe vera has healing properties and nutrients that will help remove the white spots and keep your skin.
- Cut open the leaf and extract the gel present inside.
- Apply this in the affected area and leave it for a few hours. Repeat this 2-3 times daily.
Ginger for Vitiligo
- Ginger helps to increase blood circulation. It is also an anti-inflammatory agent and contains plenty of antioxidants that restore the skin’s health.
- Apply the ginger juice to the affected area and leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
Cabbage for Vitiligo
- Cabbage juice is the one-stop solution for skin ailments like vitiligo. Its healing properties can be attributed to the amino acid methionine found in it.
- Blend the cabbage leaves well to get the juice.
- Apply this topically on the white spots on your face and body.
- Leave it on for 5-10 minutes so that the skin can react with the cabbage juice, which can cure the white spots. Then, wash it off. Do this every day religiously
Neem leaves treatment.
- Blend the leaves to get a paste. Add honey to this and mix well.
- Apply on the white spots and let it dry naturally.
- Rinse after 10-12 minutes. Repeat this once every day.
- You can also use neem oil on the white spots. Add a few drops of any carrier oil and massage the affected area with it for a few minutes.
- Papaya is rich in carotene just like a carrot. It helps to revive melanin, the skin’s natural pigment, and restore the color in the hypopigmented areas.
- You can either rub the papaya pieces directly on the white spots or mash them and apply as a layer.
- Leave it on for 10-12 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water. Repeat this once every day.